Sunday, February 10, 2008

Origin of Human Ideas

The generally accepted assumption that all human ideas are created from the human mind was mentioned in class. I acknowledge the possibility that that construct could hold true at least some of the time, and for Western cultures I would agree that it is probably perceived as true most of the time. However, I do not believe the human mind to be the sole source of human ideas.

There is the belief that certain ideas exist in the astral realm and are "discovered" by a person after an aspect of their consciousness (mind) connects to pre-(their human)mind-existing thought. The person then assumes ownership and credit for the thought as their own idea. This is how some inventions are believed to have been brought into existences and considered human ideas.

Would we consider thoughts/ideas coming from the mind of a person in an altered state of consciousness as always coming from their human mind? Is a person in an ecstatic state communing with ideas from their mind or another being's Mind, or the One Mind? Are the sources of inspiration - artistic, creative, or natural, confined to the limited containment of a human mind? I hope not.

Taken in the context of a universe that is holographic in nature, as posited by physicist David Bohm, who "associates the existence of 'holomovement' with laws describing an implicit level of reality in an 'implicate' order that is hidden below our experience with the 'explicate order'"("The Conscious Universe:Part and Whole in Modern Physical Theory," Kafatos/Nadeau)there exist many humanly unknowable variables, of which space,time, and thought are just a few.

Should we limit ourselves just to that which can be tested against, and by, human created tools of scientific design? There is so much in existence that can not be humanly subjected to disclosure employing current western human-mind theories or experiments.

I prefer the construct comprised of the multiple, simultaneously-existing versions of a single universe, created from, bound together by, and always, at all times, communing through a unifying, singular light/sound frequency. Which calls into question the origin of thought - human or other-being, as well as the concepts of space, time and spacetime.

3 comments:

David K. Braden-Johnson said...

"However, I do not believe the human mind to be the sole source of human ideas."

Now, other ideas (cow ideas, for instance) may coexist along with ours, but how could there be other sources of human ideas? Are they the ideas of someone else "implanted" in us?

Specific Relativity said...

I share the "implanting" question. You mentioned an astral realm, and what I may have correctly or incorrectly understood as a collective consciousness. Are these (perhaps constructing of these frequencies you mentioned) sources from which non-human thoughts are implanted into humans minds? And if so, how can we adequately prove the existence of any of these things?

Inexhaustibly-Inquisitive said...

I believe in the existence of non-human beings who are not only capable of, but who have, in fact, created ideas.

It is my belief that everything exists because it holds a specific and distinct vibrational pattern that remains connected to the template of origin from which it emanated.

Its template remains connected to, and powered by the original source pattern of frequency (vibration).

It is often the case that templates of distinct frequencies create other vibrationally distinct templates (how ideas are created). Some of these patterns possess greater or lesser form – depending upon their frequency, which may or may not render them testable by current scientific or technological modalities.

Once there is a vibrational pattern in existence – like an idea, then some beings, including but not limited to, human beings, who are also particular patterns of frequency, can vibrationally access some other distinct patterns – such as ideas, or other idea-creating-capable vibrational patterns of existence.

I do not at all see this as a process of implantation of thoughts or ideas into some unwilling or unknowing being, human or otherwise. (Though, I acknowledge that possibility exists – and can occur through the torture of human beings.)

Instead, I view it as the potential of the human (or other idea-capable) mind to journey vibrationally to an other-existing template which facilitates a co-exchange of frequencies between distinct patterns, thus creating change by interchange – one of many possible results being a new to human (or other idea-capable mind) idea.

I choose not to give particular weight to the issue of "testable by human technology/science" when determining the path of my relationship to abstract constructs, particularly those which are "world view" in nature. The human record of genocide and speciescide in combination with a global history comprised of a plethora of disproved scientific theories, I find science/technology insufficient and too limiting a construct upon which to base my acceptance of, or rejection of, consideration of a world view.

As a possessor of an idea-capable creating mind, I choose to be concerned with whether the existence of these things has been adequately proven to me, not today's science, or technology.