Friday, October 26, 2007

Mohr report & Government Intimidation - personal reflections

Lively class again today - thanks! Looking forward to fun of Nature vs. Nurture, et al.

I decided to look at Lt. Colonel Jack Mohr. The last writing attributed to him was in 2001, he was born in Chicago, IL., January 1st, 1916, I didn't find the date of his passing. The link listed above leads to his site. I was stunned by the volume of writings that I would consider bigoted and intolerant in the extreme. Thought you guys might want to peek for yourselves. Here's a few tidbits about the man himself that I pulled from that site.

In November 1948 prewar Korea, Mohr was captured during an abortive coup attempt against president Sigmun Rhee. - (Isn't attempting to assainate another country's president and overthrow their government a "terrorist act?"

He was tried by a Communist People's Court and sentenced to be shot by a Red firing squad. (Color bigot!)

He holds the record for the most number of consecutive days on the front line combat duty, (276) from July 12, 1950 to May 5, 1951. North Korean was offering a reward of $250,000 in gold, for his capture "dead or alive."

In 1951, Mohr worked with American POWs returning from North Korea.

He wrote and taught the first lessons in the Military Code of Conduct at Fort Devens, Mass. (a bit incongruous with his terrorist/assain/coup activities?)

He was a well-known fundamental Baptist evangelist; for twelve years, he was in the American opinion speaker's Bureau of the John Birch Society. He was known for his outspoken stand against liberalism and compromise in politics and religion.
Did an in-depth study into Judaism and the Anglo-Israel-Identity Movement.

He has suffered much harassment from government agencies such as the I.R.S. for warning against the dangers posed by Zionism in our government and the Christian church.

Published a Quarterly Intelligence Report - gives insight into things not revealed by the media. He is the author of 23 books and has an honorary Doctor of Divinity Degree from Saxon University, and earned degrees in Doctor of Letters, and Master of Theology.

Col. Mohr has been a tireless patriot and Christian, faithful in preaching the truth, regardless of the cost. He has suffered financially as a result of his faithful witness; yet he continues on undaunted. Please pray for Col. Mohr, that God would continue to uphold him and bless him. Should God lead you to send a cash offering to Col. Mohr, his address is listed below.

(Since he and his wife have passed away, I'm not sure what benefit God sees in sending your cash to the deceased - I thought money had no value in heaven or hell. - If it is an oversight of the website, it has been an oversight of many years duration.)

Another note of interest - whoever is maintaining the site has an interesting take on how to best employ the english language.

DKJ mentioned reasons for government intimidation tactics, like wire-tapping. I too think it makes the public reluctant to speak out in opposition to those in postions of power. After I became aware of the computer programs the FBI, CIA, and Homeland Security types had in play, to "red-flag" key words, phrases, etc., I did experience enough reluctance to pause and reflect on the possible negative consequences, and wisdom of continuing my cyberspace environmental activist activities.

After a period of uncomfortable reflection I realized there was a certain freedom that comes with assuming I had already been "red-flagged." I had previously sent off a number of email petitions addressed directly to G.W., asking him not to open the Tsongas to resource exploitation, same with Artic drilling, also on national lands, global warming, etc.; and then there were those 2 petitions that went off to Jeb Bush in Florida, asking him to undo the raise in boat speeds he had allowed, that led to an increase in deaths, maiming, and orphaning even more endangered manatees. I had done all this, and academic internet research - and I hadn't been hauled off - so I figured they had used some formulaic method to determine that I was not a "threat" to government security. Now I am less concerned, but still aware of the potential for uninvited eyes watching over the pathways of my exploration.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

thanks for posting what happened to general mohr. i had been wondering about him. who i most wondered about, though was that crazy religious lady that says we should execute homosexuals. they never gave her name, though. she really really made me upset. i hate people like that.
*~nikki~*

David K. Braden-Johnson said...

I think it is morally obligatory to "hate" (be radically intolerant of) violently intolerant persons; otherwise, we are caught in a logical trap of tolerating threats to toleration (an obviously intolerant attitude itself).