While I dislike admitting it, the reasons I listed to support my claim that I chose to read the essay assigned for Q & A #2 of my own free will, instead appear to support Determinism. I enjoy believing that I, and everything, everywhere, exist in a multiverse paradigm. That time is not linear, and in fact, like space does not exist outside of our desire/need for its existence to experience our/The Existence. My preference would be for everything, everywhere to be co-experiencing simultaneous existence.
Would this paradigm exempt us from The Purpose, and therefore from either/both Free Will and/or Determinism? Would it exempt us from “otherness” and classifications?
While driving, when I look into my rear view mirror, it appears that the car and I are continuing our forward movement. By choosing to glance behind me, did I lose my present? Did I lose a slice of my future? Did that alter my past? Did I lose my past, present and future? Or any combination of those three?
If past lives are an aspect of The Reality, and we choose to recycle ourselves into another embodiment (in lieu of experiencing existence in some other form), would this not support a Deterministic view? Some societies that embrace this philosophy believe that we choose our parents, siblings, friends, potential circumstances, and destinies. I like this paradigm; and I want it to be an aspect of my multiverse paradigm. This attachment extends the time it is taking me to evolve into a perfect expression of divinity; and, it appears to support the theory of Determinism!
Does Determinism explain certain paranormal phenomena like pre-cognition? Alternatively, like the paranormal ability to see “The Past,” are they better explained by a multiverse reality operating outside of the accepted time/space continuum? Are telepathy and telekinesis best explained by a multiverse reality? Can the Findhorn Gardens be successfully conceptualized as both deterministic and multiversal. Perhaps, logically, Determinism is compatible with the multiverse reality. There is a circuitousness to these posits.
Do philosophical pursuits exist simply to be the premier play station for the human brain? Or, as one of the best opportunities to make up new words? Or both?
How does Determinism or Free Will relate to nonhuman beings?
Input, need input!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You write:
"While driving, when I look into my rear view mirror, it appears that the car and I are continuing our forward movement. By choosing to glance behind me, did I lose my present? Did I lose a slice of my future? Did that alter my past? Did I lose my past, present and future? Or any combination of those three?"
In my view, perception and experience are not radically creative; we are, rather, caught up in a flow of time that is entirely independent of our capacities to comment on, reflect on, or experience it. Though our experiences of time can vary dramatically, time is invariant and mind-independent.
Can you elaborate on what you mean by "time is invariant?" Do you think it is not possible to be "caught up in a flow of time" and have occassion to be at least somewhat interdepent with our experience of time or reflection on the experience while it is occurring? Could this not fall under the realm of the metaphysical?
Our perception of time's flow certainly varies, as we "lose track of time," or time seemingly slows as a consequence of "watching the clock." However, my view is that its actual "rate" is invariant and unchanging in its relation to our daily lives.
Post a Comment